Santa says

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. As we enjoy our day of gift giving Santa wants to remind all the kiddies to please not burn your wrapping paper in your fireplaces or wood stoves. Wrapping paper is full of coatings and chemicals and can make your house more prone to a chimney fire. Be fire smart and keep your chimney clean, your smoke detector full of fresh batteries and a cup of water next to your wood stove in case you do get a chimney fire. Toss in the single cup and close the door but only if it’s safe to do so.

Please also remember that if you do have a chimney fire dial 911 and let us deal with it.

Have a safe and happy holiday from all the members of HIFR!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *